The technique used in this tutorial is the same for Vampire Fang orders as well as the Clip on Veneers.
A plastic tub is also provided in the impression kit. This is for protection of the impressions when sending them back to please ensure your impressions are inside the box and it is closed securely when sending them back to us. Once you have sent your impressions, please send us an email to let us know, so we know to expect them in the post.
When returning your impressions remember not to put a high value on the parcel. The approx. value is £10. Please do not put the price you paid for the veneer. If you do, import taxes will get added to the parcel which you will get billed for, we want to avoid this for obvious reasons.
Impression Kit Instructions
- 2-4 Impression trays
- Alginate powder
- Plastic Measure
- Poly Bags
- Plastic Container (For Impression Protecting on Return)
Wear old clothes whilst taking the impressions as this process can get a little messy. You may need some paper towels handy.
The impression takes roughly 3 mins to set, you do not get a lot of working time. (Allow for mixing the material and placing the tray in your mouth no longer than 30 seconds !). Then wait a further 2 – 2.5 mins for the material to fully set.
Please read all instructions before doing anything.
I always need Upper and Lower impressions taken please regardless if you have only ordered uppers I still need to see how your lower teeth interact with the uppers.
Firstly, make sure your teeth are nice and clean. Ensure someone is with you when you take the impression to check you have got impression material up behind your lip (and to reduce the risk of choking).
- There is also a step by step video tutorial and email we sent to you when we posted your kit.
- You do not get a lot of time to take impressions once powder is mixed so ensure you have prepared everything ready.
- We need you to take impressions of uppers and lowers regardless, even if you have only ordered uppers or lowers only.
- Ensure your teeth are nice and clean and we recommend wearing an old top.
- You will need a small mixing bowl and a spoon or butter knife.
- You need to fill the small measuring pot up with either 45ml water for upper or 30ml water for lowers (Cold Water !!)
- 1 bag of material per impression
- Select the correct sized trays, there should be a space between your teeth and the tray all the way round.
- Getting started
- Now mix the water with the powder thoroughly but quickly, the mixture will set quickly (30 seconds mixing).
- Now use the spoon or knife to put the mixture in the blue tray, pile all of it right to the front of the tray.
- Carefully place the filled tray in your mouth over your teeth and push up/down firmly to ensure the mixture goes everywhere around your teeth, try not to let the blue impression tray touch your teeth as this can affect the quality of your impression.
- Wait 3 minutes exactly after placing in the mouth allowing the mixture to set, do not talk, laugh or move, hold in place using your thumbs or fingers on both sides!
- When the mixture has set, remove the impressions slowly and carefully using your fingers to hook either side inside your cheeks or use the handle
- Check the impression, if the material has come away from the tray you will need to do it again.
- PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THE MATERIAL FROM THE BLUE TRAYS.
- Please send pictures of your impressions before posting back to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Repeat process for the lower/upper.
- Take a picture of each impression then send it to us on the email above then wrap in tissue gently and wet thoroughly under the cold-water tap so its dripping wet, then pop each individual impression in a poly bag and into the box ready to send. If you do not send us pictures of the impressions and they aren’t any good you will need to pay £30 for another impression kit to be sent, if you do require more material we can send you this free of charge..
- The only other thing you need to do is choose a shade, please do this and write it on the lab docket, then please ensure you return our shade guide or you will be charged a £35 fee
Impression trays which are which ?
Tray numbers, sizes and which tray is for the upper and which is for the lower, look on the handle they are numbered.
1 is a large upper
2 is a large lower
3 is a medium upper
4 is a medium lower
5 is a small upper
6 is a small lower